Thursday, April 2, 2015

3D Printing for Dummies

For the past few days, we have been working to create a prosthetic using Tinkercad, Thingiverse and then eventually the 3D printers. Well, the first round did not go so well for yours truly. My original idea was to create a prosthetic that would open a jar or even a jar of paint. However, after talking with Aaron I came to the realization that my idea was not really practicle and did not make sense. I tend to make things very difficult for myself and I realized I had to take a step back and change my plan. DUH. Here was my original idea:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7NcwEkTes0l-smooth-blorr-amberis/edit


WHAT EVEN IS THAT.

I am going to stick with my original idea of opening something, whether it be paint, a drink, ink, etc. This time, I am going to focus more on the fingers and maybe have a circular shape attached to the finger to be placed around circular objects. However, there still are challenges to that because the circle has to adjust to go around different objects, etc. Back to the drawing board!


No comments:

Post a Comment