Tuesday, April 7, 2015

3D Printing for Dummies part 2

So it has taken me a little while to really grasp the idea of this project. I am trying not to get discouraged because I am determined to successfully print a prosthetic. I changed my design and problem quite a lot from what I originally wanted to do.

I started new and fresh and returned to my notes.

1. I decided that I wanted to make a prosthetic to help open bottles of ink, paint, etc. because that was a common problem students were having.

2. I created a prosthetic pointer finger with a tool attached to it to flick open a container. I found that the pointer finger was key in opening containers.

3. I also am attaching, using string or velcro, a piece to go around the wrist so that the prosthetic is comfortable for whomever is wearing it. That part is on the right, while the actual prosthetic is on the left side. I downloaded the wrist part from thingiverse.

Here it is:




I am a very driven person and I am determined to make this prosthetic work! I am excited to see this printed, and then to potentially make more revisions. Below, on the right side, is my original prosthetic that was not practical enough to 3D print:


This could not 3D print because I did not connect the pieces properly. It was frustrating because I kept trying to successfully come up with a design and just nothing was working. Again, I am trying not to get discouraged and I believe I found a solution. I think that wrist piece will be very successful, especially when making the prosthetic comfortable.

Everyone wish me luck! I hope that this is successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment