Monday, May 4, 2015

Learning in the Digital Visual Cultures Reflection

Well this class has been a whirlwind.

I took this class because I wanted to make myself more knowledgeable about how to incorporate technology in the classroom.

I definitely learned how to do this and what some good topics to include are, however it was not so easy to accomplish this.

Overall, this semester I was very distracted and this took a great toll on my academics. I am an extremely hard worker, however this semester really was a challenging one, especially with all of my art education courses.

Some of my favorite things about the class:
3D Printing
Listening to different Show N'Tells
The final project - working with a different class with different students and coming together
Aaron let me re-do several projects, he was easy to communicate with and understanding
The course was very structured, especially all of the different projects and the requirements

Some of my least-favorite things:
This blog, I can see how it is great for planning and reflecting, however it was just another small task I had to complete that I thought was tedious
I had to re-do my show N'tell at the worst possible time
I was very distracted
I wish we had more time to learn and prepare ourselves for 3D Printing, that whole process was very overwhelming

A lot of students did not enjoy engaging with another class for the final project. However, I beg to differ. My group worked extremely well together and I am excited to see the end result of our LGBTQ* project. We communicated with each other, had a positive attitude, got assignments and tasks done and on time and overall worked extremely well together. We were able to stay on track and accomplish all tasks.

Overall, this class was very overwhelming. In the end, I appreciate what I learned and I only hope to incorporate it in a classroom. Since I was not very familiar with the material, it was a challenge and it took me a few tries to really understand the prompts and assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment